In order for an app to share data with Apple Health, you need to connect that app to Apple Health. The exact procedure varies from app to app. However, the basic steps are as follows:
- Open the app you want to use, such as Strava, RunKeeper, or MyFitnessPal.
- Open the "Settings" menu.
- Find the setting to connect other apps and devices. Depending on the app, it will have a name like "Link other services", "Apps and devices", "Partner accounts" or "Manage connections".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the app to Apple Health.
- In the Apple Health app under "Sources", you can define data sharing and specify which app can read and submit which data.
You can find compatible apps for Apple Health in the App Store.
- Open the App Store.
- Select "Categories" in the upper left corner.
- Click on "Apps for Health".
- The apps listed are compatible with Apple Health.